Life Insurance from United of Omaha Life Insurance Company
Parents, grandparents, and legal guardians are all welcome to buy this insurance for the children they love.
You can buy a policy for each of your children or grandchildren between the ages of 14 days to 17 years.
It pays the full benefits in addition to any other insurance you may have, upon the death of the insured.
No benefits will be paid for death resulting from suicide while sane or insane within two years from the date of issue to the policy (one year in Colorado, Missouri, and North Dakota). Instead, the total of all premiums paid, minus any outstanding loans, will be returned to the beneficiary.
- Absolutely. Applications are accepted for any child from 14 days to 17 years old! As long as premiums are paid on time they can keep the insurance right up until they turn 100 years old.
- No. Your rates are “locked in” at the level for the age when your application is accepted. That means your three-year-old daughter could enjoy the low three-year-old rates for the rest of her life! Rates are affordable for every age, but it makes good sense to apply as soon as you can to lock in the lowest possible rates.
- The good news is Yes! At ages 30, 33, 36, and 39 your adult child is guaranteed the right to purchase additional coverage that can double the initial benefit amount that you purchased. For example, if the initial benefit amount was $50,000, he or she can increase the coverage to $100,000 at age 30, $150,000 at age 33, $200,000 at age 36, and $250,000 at age 39. The EASY START Plan is protection your child may need as an adult.
- We’ve made a wide range of benefit amounts available so every parent and grandparent can find one that fits their needs and budget. It is important to keep one thing in mind. When it comes to the guaranteed opportunity to increase coverage at ages 30, 33, 36 and 39, the additional insurance they are eligible for without a medical exam or health questions is available up to the initial benefit amount. So it may make sense to apply for a higher level now... so that larger increases are available later.
- Cash values are amounts of cash that are built-up in your policy over time by your payment of premiums. After some time, the EASY START Plan builds cash values that can be borrowed against or tap into in times of need, to help pay for emergencies or other cash needs, such as school costs, health care bills, or other expenses.
- No. Approval is based on your answers to 2 simple health questions on the application.
- Coverage is effective when your application and premium have been submitted and approved by United of Omaha Life Insurance Company – so apply today!
- Any child or grandchild that is special to you is eligible for the EASY START Plan – at a wide age range from a baby of just 14 days to a 17-year-old adult child. It’s never too soon – or too late – to give this valuable gift of a lifetime.
- Just $1* provides coverage for a full 3 months! After that, rates are based on each child’s age when coverage is issued and are guaranteed to never increase for the life of the policy.
- That’s not a problem at all. Typically, the person who buys the insurance is automatically the beneficiary unless they tell us otherwise. If you would like to name someone else as the beneficiary, just provide their name and relationship to the child with your application.
- Yes! We know that buying life insurance is a long-term decision. That’s why it’s so important to choose a company that’s financially strong and has a long history of taking care of its policy owners! United of Omaha Life Insurance Company, a Mutual of Omaha company is trusted by millions of people across America. United of Omaha Life Insurance Company is currently rated A+ (superior) as of 8/2012 by A.M. Best (Independent Agency Ratings) for overall financial strength and ability to meet ongoing obligations to policyholders. Rating only referes to the overall financial status of the company and is not a recommendation of the specific policy provisions, rates or practices of the insurance company.
- Once you receive and review your policy, if you are not 100% satisfied, just return your policy to us within 30 days and your money will be refunded.